At IRS Tax X Relief & Accounting, LLC, we are OPEN and HERE for you during this streassful and uncertain time.
We understand the seriousness of the Coronavirus; therefore, we practice "social distancing". Our office specializes in tax return filing and tax planning for individuals, businesses (corporation, S corporation, partnership, limited liability company, and sole proprietor), bookkeeping services, financial statements, and small business consulting. We offer virtual tax filing and secure online data access which ensure our clients have the most accurate, efficient, state-of-the-art services at a competitive price. You can FILE your Tax Return remotely without ever Leaving the Comfort of Your Home!
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity has created a paper reemployment assistance application for the millions of Floridians struggling to file for unemployment through the agency’s website.
Florida Department of Economic Opportunity Provides Reemployment Assistance Update - April 29
Apr 29, 2020
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Today, the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) issued reemployment assistance updates on the Reemployment Assistance (RA) Claims Dashboard. As of April 28, DEO has verified 835,290 unique claims and paid 404,317 claimants a total of more than $553.5 million.
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance:
- The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program provides unemployment benefits to those that may not otherwise be eligible under Florida’s state Reemployment Assistance program, including independent contractors and individuals who are self-employed. Individuals who have been impacted by COVID-19 and believe they may be eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, can visit FloridaJobs.org and select "File a Claim" to apply and be considered for PUA.
- Applicants should utilize the following criteria when applying for PUA:
- Individuals who applied for the state’s Reemployment Assistance benefits on or after April 5,2020, and were deemed ineligible for state Reemployment Assistance benefits will receive additional application information from the Department. They can also visit FloridaJobs.org/cares-act for more information regarding these programs.
- Those who are self-employed, contract employees, gig workers, or others who applied for the state’s Reemployment Assistance benefits on or before April 4, 2020, should apply at FloridaJobs.org and select “File a Claim” to request PUA.
- Unemployed Floridians who have not yet applied for any benefit should apply at FloridaJobs.org and will be considered for all existing programs, including PUA.
- DEO will be conducting nightly maintenance to the CONNECT system to process claims and payments. CONNECT will be available from 8 a.m. to 7:59 p.m. daily. This schedule does not affect individuals that wish to file a new claim. Individuals can file a new claim 24 hours a day, seven days per week at www.FloridaJobs.org and select "File a Claim."
HOW TO APPLY FOR REEMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE:
DEO has a mobile-friendly online application for individuals filing a new Reemployment Assistance claim available here. For a step by step guide on how to apply read more here. For the Reemployment Assistance Resource Guide which includes frequently asked questions, please click here. For additional information about Reemployment Assistance benefits visit www.FloridaJobs.org/COVID-19.
CLICK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE FORM FOR REEMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE APPLICATION FOR SERVICES.
Complete and mail the application to the DEO headquarters in Tallahassee:
Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
P.O. Box 5350
Tallahassee, FL 32314-5350
You may also apply online at https://connect.myflorida.com/Claimant/Core/Login.ASPX.