What tax penalty abatement do you qualify for?
Tax Penalty Abatement Orlando
Many people don't know that the IRS allows tax penalty abatement for penalties and interest or a refund if you experienced extenuating circumstances that prevented you from filing your tax return. Tax Penalty Abatement Orlando. To qualify for abatement, you must show the IRS that you had a “reasonable cause” for not paying your income taxes based on the facts and circumstances of your case.
Here are some of the most common reasonable causes for abatement:
- Embezzlement or theft issues
- Unforeseen disasters (fire, flood, hurricane, etc.)
- Relied on poor accounting practice or tax advice
- Serious personal health conditions
- Serious health conditions of an immediate family member
- Death of a family member
You must proof to the IRS that you did your “due diligence” and was not "negligent” in attempting to repay the income tax debt that you owed.