What tax penalty abatement do you qualify for?
IRS Income Tax Penalty Abatement Relief Help Palm Coast, FL
Many people don't know that the IRS allows tax penalty abatement for penalties and interest or a refund if you experienced extenuating circumstances that prevented you from filing your tax return. IRS Income Tax Penalty Abatement Relief Help Palm Coast, FL. To qualify for abatement, you must show the IRS that you had a “reasonable cause” for not paying your income taxes based on the facts and circumstances of your case.
Here are some of the most common reasonable causes for abatement:
- Embezzlement or theft issues
- Unforeseen disasters (fire, flood, hurricane, etc.)
- Relied on poor accounting practice or tax advice
- Serious personal health conditions
- Serious health conditions of an immediate family member
- Death of a family member
You must proof to the IRS that you did your “due diligence” and was not "negligent” in attempting to repay the income tax debt that you owed.